Sunday, March 6, 2011

Une Repose

Greetings after another week in Rennes!

This one was much more quiet, so I do not have a lot of interest to discuss. After returning from the weekend at Margeaux's on Monday, I spent a large portion of the week watching tv shows on my computer, doing internship searches and applications, and research for my courses here. It quickly became a daily formula. I generally woke up around 10:30, which is surprising given my normal propensity to sleep into the early afternoon ("faire la grace matinee" as the french would say). I would then begin the slow process of waking up: making breakfast, watching an episode or two, making lunch, shower, etc. Around 1, I would attempt to start working. This normally took a while, but with a lot of focus and procrastination I was generally able to get some solid work done. I would then eat around 7, watch a little more tv, and try to get some more work done before going to bed.

Since most people were out of town all week, this schedule was rarely interrupted. I did stray from the routine once or twice to play piano at school, go for a walk or two (the weather has started to get much nicer this week), go out to dinner and other regular "break" activities. As usual, I would have liked to get a lot more done than I actually did, but I think that overall it was pretty productive. More importantly, I had a nice break from our very intimidating professor, catch up on sleep, and just generally relax. The weeks following break begin the real onslaught of work, so I will do my best to keep you all updated on how exciting that is and still get out and have some adventures worth talking about (and of course pictures of them). I hope all is well in Beloit, Mt. Prospect, Michigan, or wherever you may be. Thanks for reading!

A bientot!

Tom

1 comment:

  1. Tom, Sounds like your break was quite wonderful. Glad you were able to do such fun things during that time. Now back to the final "grind". You only have one intimidating professor? Lucky you! Things are well here and in Michigan. At least the last I checked, that was so. Will be going to Mi.in a few weeks to visit with friends and see competition. Should be fun! Any more info on the internship? Keep me posted. Miss you and love you. In the language of Winnie the Pooh, TTFN

    Grandma Fin xoxo

    ReplyDelete